There’s always some kind of snag when it comes to knitting. For my latest sweater, I neglected to take the underarm curve into consideration when planning the placement of the dragon. I didn’t realize this until the wing stitches were being consumed alive by the underarm decreases.
Speaking of underarms, I’m noticing that for a set-in sleeve to fit the curve of my body, the conventional bind off and every-other-row (EOR) decreases just aren’t cutting it. My last sweater had so many stitches to decrease at the underarm that the underarm curve went up about 3 inches and looked a little strange with the EOR decrease approach. Plus, this became a problem with designing my sleeve cap to match because I didn’t need to reduce so many stitches in the sleeve. Using my store-bought sweater measurements, I’m finding that I have the same problem! In order to match the shape of the store-bought, I must decrease every single row or do a double decrease every-other-row. Here’s a close up of the EOR double decrease approach.
Since I love my store-bought sweater, I’m going to trust the measurements taken from it and just ignore convention. I really, really want this sweater to be a perfect fit. The yarn is scrumptious and I just love the dragons. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!