Since I have many balls of superwash worsted-weight yarn in my stash, I’m trying to figure out clever yet practical ways to use this stuff. My most recent design plan was for worsted-weight socks with a minimal design feature to break up the plain stockinette stitch. A swatch was made, measurements obtained, and a pretty lace cable pattern was found. So, it was time to knit these things!
It didn’t take long to realize that the busy yarn was obscuring the lacy cable. Instead of finding a different stitch pattern, I decided to go with a more subtle yarn. What I didn’t notice was that the new yarn selection was a DK weight and not a worsted weight. They looked and felt pretty much the same… but they definitely knit up at different gauges!
I like the lacy cable better in the new yarn but it’s just too snug now. It’s hard to see in the photo but the whole thing is stretched out to the max and pulling down a bit on my big toe. The only person with small feet in my house has declared that they hate pink so I frogged this sock too.
After 2 failed attempts, hopefully, the third time will be the charm. Maybe I’ll just rerun the numbers for the DK yarn. Or, maybe I’ll just move on to a new project. 🙂